Friday 9 May 2014

Ride leaders required for public rides around the reservoirs in Bike Week

This was the other job I mentioned! Do we have any volunteers for leading/marshalling* at two public rides, one around Ladybower/Howden/Derwent Reservoirs, the other around Carsington, please? Dates would be either 13 or 14 June, at the start of Bike Week, and on behalf of Severn Trent Water. Please email me and/or leave a comment below. This could be a good way of maintaining and improving the profile of our group and that of Sustrans. I'm pleased that we have been asked to help out at these events. The rides will be for families, so not a race! In beautiful settings. Should be good! Thanks. Clyde
(* by marshalling, I mean riding with the group to keep an eye on riders, if not actually leading)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the email regarding Bike Week and the chance to help out Severn Trent with some family rides.

    I’m free on the 13th + 14th June and really keen to help out with the ride around Carsington Water as it’s the nearest one for me. So, if you could let me have the details as they become available that would be great.

    I've replyed to you via email and copied that into all the Staffordshire rangers i know in case they can help out too.

    Look forward to hearing from you with the details. Cheers... Bob C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bob. I've forwarded your offer to Danielle at Severn Trent. Cheers! I'm on a boat at the mo - isn't modern technology amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Clyde, on a boat hey! Would that be a boat in one of Severn Trent's reservoirs or somewhere a bit further away like the Mediterranean? Either way have fun in the boat and thanks for passing on my offer to Danielle. Cheers... Bob

    ReplyDelete